Good Book on Pregnancy and Related Issues for Fathers to be...

NickyK

Hi all, my partner and I are expecting our first child in November. We had our first scan today and I've just realised how little I actually know about what my partner is going through, what to expect etc. I really want to do my best for both of them so I'm looking for a good book that will tell me everything I need to know. Any recommendtions, hints and tips welcome. Thanks in advance,
Nicky

Your partner will probably want to get a maternity book (BTW they are in the library too) and you can always look through it as well. It will most likely have a chapter for fathers to be too.
Just reading the reviews in Amazon for those books and quite a lot of them are from the expectant Mum's who said the book gave them an insight into what kind of fears their partners might be having! That's a good point - your partner will be wanting to know what you are going through as well and what it's like to be an expectant father.

It's sometimes given as a joke present, but the Haines baby manual is supposed to be very good.
"All models from conception to 2 years"
"Full of useful information for prospective parents" Volkswagen Driver

(*) Haines are better known for their car maintenance manuals

Check out Irish parenting website www.rollercoaster.ie
It has a forum which has a 'Just for Dads' section.
I found the entire site very helpful before my first child was born 3 years ago.

what to expect when your wife is expanding is one.

most pregnancy books have a section for fathers to be. Check out your local library. there is a pregnancy book called the irish pregnancy book which is good for how things are done here as many other books are based on america/UK systems.

Congrats and good luck NickyK!!!
I'm in the same boat. Mrs woman is GLUED to weddingsonline.ie. There are forums on there which she posts on and seems to find in very reassuring from signs/symptoms to hospitals, gyne...guinac...gyenac....lady garden doctors. I know it's not what you asked for but if she hasn't already used it, your mum to be might find it helpful for local and specific issues not covered in more generic books.