Good base for visiting Donegal

horusd

Taking a short 3/4 day trip to Donegal, but wondering where is a good place to base ourselves. I have a reasonable rate for a Letterkenny hotel, and Letterkenny seems like a good spot to explore from. Any comments or suggestions (including reasonable hotels) welcome.

Letterkenny would be Central,with most parts of the County within 1-1.5 hours drive.Or if you're not driving yourself,there would be plenty bus connections to different areas of the County

Thanks Manta, Letterkenny will do nicely. I will have the car, so everything is well within reach.

Self cagtering is best in donegal, where i live there are 3 houses available and with 3 hotels within 5 mins walk, a beach paradise so many with in 10 miles it is too much to mention there is great value to be had cos they really have dropped there prices.

I think you could have a great cheap holiday in a beautiful holiday cottage cheaper than any hotel

Self cagtering is best in donegal, where i live there are 3 houses available and with 3 hotels within 5 mins walk, a beach paradise so many with in 10 miles it is too much to mention there is great value to be had cos they really have dropped there prices.

I think you could have a great cheap holiday in a beautiful holiday cottage cheaper than any hotel

Thanks, where abouts are you talking about john?

inishowen is great, check out ballyliffin

rossaor cottages are available and the contact is a brian harkin

Back