Good auto electrician to fit an ECU

Ancutza

Parents car started to behave in a sluggish manner and was taken to the dealer. They thought it was dirty petrol but it turns out the ECU is the problem. Quoted 1500 Euro for a new one in Ireland. Parents are pensioners so not too flush! My auto electrician (who deals with all my vehicles and my bro-in-laws 30 odd cars, vans etc) in Romania is convinced he can 'repair/remap' it and has quoted 150 Euros to do so. He says he does them all the time and the irish dealers claim that it needs to be re-programmed when put back in the car is a load of tripe.

So I've got an account with UPS, I'm up for a gamble and I'll arrange to have it picked-up in Dublin (the ECU that is) next week, brought out to me here and fiddled with. Worst case is that my guy out here can't sort it out but if he can then I'd like a recommendation for someone in the south Dublin area who would 'plug-it-in' so to speak.

Obviously if my chap can do what he says he can then the irish dealer isn't going to fit it (as he'd be caught in a lie) so I'm looking for a reputable independent who'll refit it.

Any ideas lads? Car is an '02 Opel Astra, 1.4. petrol 16v.

The lads in MKW motors Kingswood industrial estate are very good for this sort of stuff on all sorts of cars.

01 4595266 I know they have fixed lots of cars that have stumped main dealers recently a S class 320cdi

Back