Good alternative to itunes???

censuspro

Can anyone suggest an good alternative to itunes? I changed from an iphone to Nokia e72 and looking for something that I can sync with the E72. Would windows media player suffice?

should be some sort of media player that came with the e72. more then likely on a CD in the nokia box. if not you should be able to download it from the nokia site.

away from this have a look at media monkey.

Media player is fine, there should be a media transfer mode on the phone when you plug the USB cable in.
Other than that there is a Nokia Music program but its very slow to use so i'd probably stay with MediaPlayer

Nokia OVI Suite manages and synchronises multimedia files, map-data, etc. between your phone and computer. It also interfaces with Nokia's music shop. There should have been a copy on the CD that came with your phone. In the link above select your phone & PC OS and off you go. The software is free to use but some services (data transfer, purchasing music, applications, maps, etc.) may incur charges.

It's unclear to me at the moment wheteher this software is to be used as well as or instead of Nokia's PC Suite or whether that depends on the phone OS or model.

For Mac, Nokia provides some software like which interfaces (rather crudely IMHO) with iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, etc, but at least Nokia seem to be moving in the right direction, now that Apple's revenues exceed Micro$oft's

Thanks, I got the Nokia Ovi suite via the Nokia PC suite. I transferred over my music but haven't used it yet.

Not sure if it's on Ovi yet but check out Spotify and Deezer. These are music streaming services which is the way consuming music is going. Doesn't help with your exisiting music but gives super access to a huge catalogue.