Good All-Inclusive in Canary Islands

Hi all, just adding to this thread as we are looking at Playa Blanca for January.

We were in Puerto del Carmen last winter and thought that it had become quite different from visits many years previous. Playa Blanca sounds a little more on the lines of what we’re looking for.

We are looking for any recommendations on hotels with half board option.

It seems that Princess Yaiza’s half board only includes the buffet options for dinner; is that the norm in people’s experiences? I wasn't sure about opting for half board with the buffet option only.

As well, we’d like somewhere that isn’t overly children focused and also that tends to get a good mix of different nationalities.

Thanks for any suggestions.

i cant help with the half board in yaiza as we always go B&B but there are dozens of restuarants within a 10 minute walk either way along the promenade.

The hotel is set up that you can be away from the kids and familys so it does very well at catering for everyone.

Been a couple of times recently to Playa Blanca and stayed both times in
Hotel Mirador Papagayo by LIVVO

Its a nice, clean and well run hotel. We wouldn't be into entertainment so went once and I didn't rate it but that was not what we were there for.

We were half board only but breakfast buffet is good and the evening meals (we eat out most nights) when we did eat there were fine (canteen type food with plenty of options but far from restaurant quality).

Cocktails we tried were definitely watered down but I suspect this is mostly the case for all inclusive. Didnt bother us as we went out in the evenings to bars and restaurants in the lovely marina which is a short walk away along a costal promenade. Views from the sea facing rooms are spectacular so I'd defintely recommend one of them if you can afford.

Another plus for this hotel is you can walk/climb in about 20 mins to the papagayo beaches (there are five unspoilt beaches in the national park and each one is spectacular). You'd need to be reasonably fit though ( there is a bit of a climb up a rocky hill that unfit or most over 70's probably wouldn't manage). Three of the beaches are nudist or partially nudist (one fully and two partially in small sections) so be just be aware if that's an issue for you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: