Golf trip; Any recommendations

Gunnerbar

Hoping to get 8-10 of us away to either Spin or Portugal in late April for about 4 days and acouple of rounds of golf.

Seen here that Vilamoura was recommneded for Portugal. Is it worth while getting a package deal or doing it our selves. Where and with who would you fly with to get to Vilamoura.

Has anyone booked with this crowd:

[broken link removed]

Or how do Cassidy golf compare for packages. Would it really be a lot cheaper doing it my self?

Was hoping to get somewhere that's not completely dead. It will be 10 x 40 somethings heading over.

Just dont know where to start.

Thanks

Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly to Faro (Algarve), approx 30 mins from Vilamoura

For accommodation pick up a brochure in travel agents and google any suitable hotel/apartment complex - then check price online. Some of the hotels provide transfer from/to airport.

Also, check out http://www.algarvegolf.net/index2.htm for info on courses, green fees, accommodation etc

I go to the Costa del Sol regularly to play golf. Circa 40 courses east and west of Marbella. Plenty of choice.
Flights to Malaga, plenty of accommodation, plenty of entertainment (even for us 40+'s).
Most golf courses have websites where you can book direct. But I have used a local golf company (Golf Services - based in Marbella) to organise the tee times. They are excellent.
PM me if you want more info.

Conan

I organised a trip for 6 of us to Vilamoura in October.
Stayed here: [broken link removed]

Booked the package through the hotel. €352 for 3 nights b&b and 2 rounds of golf. Worked out very reasonable and the hotel was top notch.
Ryanair flights were €200

Vilamoura is a nice spot. A tad expensive but has good restaurants and bars. Zero women though. Just male golfers talking about the eagle putt that lipped out.

I go to Carvoeiro in the algarve quite regularly - lots of golf courses and plenty of villas that would sleep 10 so might be best to sort it out yourselves. Great place with loads of restaurants,etc.. check out the link

www.carvoeiro.com