Golf Shop in Manhattan

shaking

I'm heading to NY at the weekend and am hoping to buy some clubs and golf gear does anyone know of a golf shop in manhatten?

Re: Golf Shop in Manhatten

I'm heading to NY at the weekend and am hoping to buy some clubs and golf gear does anyone know of a golf shop in manhatten?

Have never been to the shop but here is there website [broken link removed]

I used to work in dublin airport baggage hall and can tell you that customs take an interest in golf clubs from a vat and duty point of view so factor in this likely cost

thanks for the tips. vandriver i'm planning on buying 2 clubs they work as they work out at a saving of €140 I reckon even with vat and duty I should still save on them.

There is a golf store down beside ground zero, i m sure its a worldofgolf outlet..good for clubs and clothing.. i got some clubs from another of their outlets when there and found them very helpfull.

Duty is 2.7% ,vat is 21% on top of invoice price plus duty

thanks for that vandriver still worth my while so

thanks for that vandriver still worth my while so

Which ones are they do you mind me asking? I've been in that store and when you add the tax and VAT it worked out more or less the same (perhaps 5% cheaper which hardly negates the hassle)

The Ping rhapsody the 5 and 7 woods are $219.95 on their site retailing at €260 here

The Ping rhapsody the 5 and 7 woods are $219.95 on their site retailing at €260 here

They're ladies, aren't they? Think they're closer to €220 here (the mens ones are anyway). $220 is about €147, then add local taxes and VAT which makes it around €190. Then you've got to get them back to Ireland and the airline may or may not charge for this. Plus you've the hassle of carrying them and spending time looking for this store. They are certainly cheaper but is it worth it? I'm not sure.

yep ladies clubs I priced them at the weekend and they were €260 mind you that was in a pro shop as opposed to the likes of McGuirks

yep ladies clubs I priced them at the weekend and they were €260 mind you that was in a pro shop as opposed to the likes of McGuirks

Yeah, I thought as much. To be honest somewhere like McGuirks would charge about 220 for them but you could probably get the two for 400 if you're not trading in. At 200 each it makes more sense to get them in Ireland plus in the unlikely event of anything going wrong it's easier to address. Nice clubs, my mum has Ping irons and woods.

might pop up to McGuirks before I go and see what they could do for me on a trade in - thanks for the advice