Golf GT Sport 1.4 140 BHP

• Thread starter Golf_GT_TSI
  • Start date
G

Golf_GT_TSI

anybody bought one ??

i had a test drive in one today and though it was v quick and i put a depostit on one

3dr 1.4 GT TSI 140 BHP With sunroof , 18 " GTI alloys ( I know :) )
Arm rest and in antracite blue and cant wait

anybody got one and can fill me in on what they think of them after regular driving

sounds better than the 1.4 sportline at 75 bhp :)

Ordered one in Nov and collewcted it yesterday - I'm even happier than I thought I would be - Lovely car to drive and it's quick

Jeremy Clarkson thought the 168bhp version was one of the worst cars he's ever driven!!

Does the 140bhp model have the turbo/super chargers too??

excuse the language guys

**** jeremy clarkson

unless it has 600 bhp he doesnt wanna know , pop belly ****

anyway what colour did you get ??/

i ordered white 3dr 140bhp with sunroof,armrest,18" gti alloys

cant wait is an understatement

I agree and i did a lot of research before buying mine - Think Clarksons review ths the only bad one I read!

Although I did drive both and i found the 170hp to be very jumpy where as the 140hp is very smooth

Just ordered one in black myself 140bhp. One question,does the 140bhp have the "boost" gauge on the display?

Did anybody go for the DSG ( direct shift gearbox) option... my buddy has it on his GTI and reckons it eats petrol ( not litterly!)

It's actually meant to be more economical which is a first for an automatic. My brother has a manual GTI and it is a savage on the juice! I have the 140 tsi which is much heavier on juice than I expected.

The DSG is a lovely box - have driven several but I have the say that the 6 speed manual is second to none!

Jeremy Clarkson thought the 168bhp version was one of the worst cars he's ever driven!!

That sounds like a "buy" recommendation to me! If Clarkson dislikes it, it's usually a pretty safe bet it's something worth having.....

anybody have one ??????????????

not ur mate has one or brother etc , just you

anybody bought one ??

i had a test drive in one today and though it was v quick and i put a depostit on one

3dr 1.4 GT TSI 140 BHP With sunroof , 18 " GTI alloys ( I know :) )
Arm rest and in antracite blue and cant wait

anybody got one and can fill me in on what they think of them after regular driving

Had a look at one in Germany last week and interestingly the dealer I was talking to said it should only be run on Super Unleaded (the dearest petrol per Litre)

I found the 1.4 not to have the linear power power performance of the 2.0L GTI but otherwise it is good to see VW catching up with the Japanese in turbo charging small capacity engines

Do VAG (VW) advise of that here about the petrol?

My brother has a manual GTI and it is a savage on the juice! I have the 140 tsi which is much heavier on juice than I expected.

The DSG is a lovely box - have driven several but I have the say that the 6 speed manual is second to none!

Try driving an R32...it's like having another mortgage.

Back