Gold.ie

Been wondering the same myself. Their name keeps coming up. AFAIK the minimum Gold you can buy with them is € 10 K worth, about 16 ounces ?. Physically very small, but I don't think you'd display your gold bar(s) or bullion on your mantlepiece. Really nice to look at, but a magnet for theft. I'd also be terrified I'd lose it, along with my communion money .
You can hold the Gold yourself for free (if you've got a rock solid safe at home, or got a friendly bank manager or solicitor to put it in their safe). Or else you can pay an annual fee of approx 0.5 to 1% to enable their depository to hold your gold for you.

I also believe there is some counterfeit or dodgy gold out there, so it it is vital to go with a reputable company, who are regulated.
"Gold & Silver Investments Limited trading as Gold Investments is regulated by the Irish Financial Regulator as a multi-agency intermediary. Gold Investments is registered in the Companies Registration Office under Company number 377252. Registered for VAT under number 6397252A . Codes of Conduct are imposed by the Financial Regulator and can be accessed at www.financialregulator.ie or from the Financial Regulator at PO Box 9138, College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland."

Gold.ie are now posting daily ? updates on the RTE Business page, Markets section
[broken link removed]

From reading their website you can also get certificates for the amount that you buy and this can be fabricated within 10 days of instruction.

This would reduce my worries about storage

Received the following response from gold.ie

"No, it is not true. You do pay CGT on the profit of all three metals.
Gold is not liable to VAT or Stamp duty, the other two are."