Going to the fairyhouse races

December

I have never been to the races before, and I am heading out to Fairyhouse this Sunday. It organised by a gym I'm a member of.

I am just wondering what is the best dress code? I like to look smart to make a good impression, but I was wondering if a dress would be too over the top?

Any suggestions?

Hey December.
It really depends on the group you're with more so than the dress code or typical dress that people go in. As with all race meetings you will see people there in tracksuits, right beside people dolled up to the nines!
My advice to you would be to liaise with the group you're going with and see what they will be wearing. For practicality sake & due to the fact that the Fairyhouse is hands down the most windy racecourse I have ever been on I personally would wear a nice linen trouser suit. Nice and comfortable for the day and can look great with accessories.
Needless to say this advice would go well for the men & the women!!!!

Word of advice - wear (reasonably) comfortable shoes. People tend to move around a good bit at race meetings i.e. moving from the stand, bookies, tote area, parade ring, winners enclosure, bar(s), restaurants etc. You'll enjoy it much more if you can move freely throughout the course rather than plonking yourself at a table in the bar for the day. You won't get a seat anyway if its a big meeting.

Enjoy it!

Went to fairy house on Easter Monday, people wearing all sorts. No matter what you wear you will not look out of place, but wear something you feel comfortable in best thing is smart casual and dress up with accessories.

Back