Going to France on hols

L

lollypops27

Have been browsing the net for info regarding holidaying in France and seem to be getting nowhere (ie homepage in english the rest of website in french:( ) The plan is fly to Beauvais and go to Disneyland (can i get train/bus to it) spend about 4 days there, then get tgv(if possible) to either brittany or Loire. My questions are 1. Advice re disneyland 2. Loire/brittany?? (have a 6yr old) 3. any other advice. Thanks

Hi Lollypops,
firstly Beauvais to Disney can be a long journey if you are depending on bus / train - you'll need to catch bus from beauvais to paris city then transfer to the train from there, from memory I think you'll be talking about 3-4 hours in total. I have rented a car and driven it in the past, about 2 hours, mainly on motorway, but it helps if you have a good navigator (the french don't seem to want to advertise where disney is until you are within about 10km of it).
There is a bus from CGD airport directly to the Disneyland paris site, about 1 hour I think, so for convenience sake with a 6 year old Aer Lingus / Air France may be a better bet (these days you can get great deals on fares with both of them).
At Disney I've stayed in 2 of the hotels, the Santa Fe - its more of a budget hotel, find if all you need is a bed and shower, but its about 10 min walk from the main gate (there are also regular bus service about every 15 min depending on when you go). I also stayed at the New Port Bay club, it was lovely with a swimming pool onsite and abut 5 min walk to the park gate. the main difference is that Santa Fe is more motel, Newport Bay is definitely Hotel! Checkout disneylands website regularly as they do have offers / packages : 4 nights for the price of 3, a free upgrade to the next hotel class, etc.
There is a shopping centre close to disney, Val d'Europe (i'm open to anyone confirming my spelling), which had a supermarket onsite when I visited a couple of years ago - handy for snacks, water, wine... so you aren't always paying the higher park charges - i believe the shopping centre is now accessible by the train line from Disney.

Below is a link to some info for Western Loire area, I haven't visited there, but managed to get on their mailing list (blame it on being a competition addict). They regularly send out a good mail and brochure (the 2nd by post) in English with package deals listed. It may meet all the family requirement with access to the sea and access to the wine region also
http://www.westernloire.com/

Enjoy your trip.

Would you consider taking the car & getting the ferry to Cherbourg/Roscoff? That way you're not dependent on Ryanair & long bus transfers to Paris and then onwards by RER to Disney. You can explore France at your leisure and then head home via Brittany or Normandy

thanks a million for all the advice these links should keep me going fo a while.

Back