Going to bulgaria any advice

S

sarah85

Hi
I am going to bulgaria soon and I have had mixed reviews of the place.
If anyone has been to this country before, could they give any advice ?
Thank you
Sarah

yeah , dont go

Very intelligent input! I'm sure there are a lot of people from Bulgaria would say the same of this country.

Sarah85, Bulgaria is a pretty big country most tourists from Ireland go to the beaches of the Black Sea Coast- Sunny Beach & Varna being the most popular. They also go Skiing there in winter- Bansko & Pomporovo the most popular. In terms of city breaks Sofia is a nice city if a little rough around the edges (like a lot of big cities). IMO the people are very nice and could not be more helpful, if you are traveling around the country trains are cheap but English sign posts are not terribly visible especially in the more remote parts although I believe this is changing a lot since entry to the EU.
Without knowing exactly where your going in BG it's hard to give any further advice other than to say take advise from anybody with pinch of salt, most people knowledge of Bulgaria is a couple of weeks on a sun lounger or a 3 day inspection trip to buy a concrete shoe box as an 'investment'!

Enjoy, there is plenty to see and do.

went there skiing last year. didnt enjoy, felt the food was generally awful and the people were very keen on relieving us of money at every turn. a few times taxi drivers stopped at police check points asked us for money to pay the guards.
food and drink are cheap though.

Have to agree, not the best place. Hotels are good but food is not so good.We were in Sunny beach, weather was good but would not be going back.

food is terrible. thieves everywhere. lots of viruses in the swimming pools. beware

Back