going to a game in croker stay somewhere on train route ?

holidayqueen

Hi
I am going to a game in croker shortly and want to travel most of the way on sat so I am looking for a town to stay in that has train connection with dublin on sunday with a train times in and out. I would like a nice hotel to stay in on sat so if you know of any hotel doing good offers that is near a train station that will get us in to the capital sun for around 12 or 1 and out around 6 or 7. I am thinking that Kildare would be the best spot but where in Kildare has a train station near a nice hotel with train in and out on Sunday.
all info welcome.

The Glen Royal in Maynooth is right beside the train to Drumcondra also. They have had extra communter trains ruuning for the matches the last few weeks.

As the other posters have suggested concentrate your searches on the Maynooth line. There are plenty of suburban trains on a Sunday on that line (last regular train on Sunday leaves Connolly at 20.50 and Drumcondra a few minutes later), loads of stops (Maynooth, Leixlip Louisa Bridge, Leixlip Confey, Clonsilla, Coolmine, etc). Drumcondra is the nearest stop to Croke Park. Further out from Maynooth you'd likely have to either change trains or go to Connolly.

Back