Going Self-employed for 1st time

marfsmal

hi folks,

Could REALLY do with some advice :(

I'm on the verge of getting a job from a company who require me to register as self-employed. I'm just literally this week after being transferred to Jobseeker's Allowance as my Jobseeker's Benefit has just ran out.

The problem is the number of hours I'll be working. They are offering at least 10 hrs per week with 25 as the maximum, and total hours will change day to day even, so all I know for sure is I'll definitely have 10 hrs guaranteed per week. The hourly rate is 13ph, not bad considering it'll help my overall CV.

I won't know in advance how many hours a week I will end up working, be it the 10hrs or 25, etc. so if it were just 10 hours and I earn 130 euro for the week, am I entitled to the difference between this and JA?

If so, how do Social Welfare manage this? Do they backpay me by the previous week .? And can I maybe give them my own record of hours or do they need weekly proof from the company I'm doing the work for?

Thanks for any help.

Obviously any tips you have in general would be really appreciated. I really want to be as clever but honest as possible without making myself even broker than I am now.

Huge huge thanks.

Back