Godforsaken Hell hole - Lucan

jonnyhotspur

If people on AAM accused you of living in a Godforsaken Hell Hole even though you were 83% positive to the contrary. Would you:
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Invite them to stop over for a week so as they could see, first hand, all the delights of the locality.
(c) Buy them a ticket to Rio so as they could experience a favela.
(d) Bring them down to the local skate park and bond over a few ollies and half pipes.
(e) Argue your point until you were blue in the face.

Any advice either constructive or destructive is gladly received.

In the best traditions of multiple choice, I say "all of the above".

Regarding relative hellholeism, surely there are much much worse than Lucan? I'm not a Dub, but when I did live there (to 1999), Ballymun, Finglas,Tallaght, Clondalkin, Crumlin, Dolphin's Barn and to a lesser extent, Coolock, Blanchardstown, Walkinstown, Kilbarrack... + + + ...were all regularly maligned. Don't ever remember Lucan particularly coming up though?!

considering the anonymity of the web, I'd ignore them. They probably live in a worse one themselves

Nothing wrong with Walkinstown.
All the other places though fair enough

I actually find Killiney, blackrock and foxrock n so on total dumps to be honest...

Everyone is going to defend to a certain extent the place the live in. I'm from clondalkin and although it is always in the news for all the wrong reasons I couldnt really fault it apart from the traffic in the mornings on the N7.

Everywhere has its good and bad places and some people will slag off certain places only because of what they hear on the news..

(f) Wonder about that other 17%
Mrs H always used to say that I was slightly mad. One day I asked her to put it as a % of my sanity. She reckons I'm 17% mad and that I should always allow for that. Hence I'm never 100% sure of anything.
Thanks for the replies

Lucan may be a tribute to thoughtless planning but it's no hell-hole. Unfortunately it does seem to have negative connotations in people's minds though.

People from Limerick must be driven demented by the negative comments and attitudes about their town, as surely are Dublin's Northsiders...I remember when the rugby was in Crocker last year and all the newspaper's gleefully wrote about lost scared southsiders...it's just ignorance. Best not to get worked up about it.

Some parts of Lucan aren't great I'll agree (althought there are definitely far worse places to live outside of Lucan) but for the most part its a really nice place to live. Last night in my estate they had the Christmas party, marquis erected, mulled wine and loads of goodies and then santy came and all the kids got presents - a really lovely evening! Never witnessed anything like this in my previous addresses, definitely wasn't hell hole-ish!

I'd consider using the Report Post facility to complain about the post (poster) in question on the basis that it (s/he) may be in breach of the posting guidelines.

Exactly

I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of Frash's sweeping statement "Nothing wrong with Walkinstown".

Exactly

I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of Frash's sweeping statement "Nothing wrong with Walkinstown".

Its all opinion; do you disagree with the statement that theres 'Nothing wrong with Walkinstown' ?