Gmail Problem

• Thread starter BeanieBride
  • Start date
B

BeanieBride

I doubt that there is a solution to this but am just posting on the off-chance.....

I sent out our wedding invitations yesterday. I gave the option to rsvp by email and set up a new gmail account for this. All fine so far..!

However, I gave the address as gmail.ie instead of gmail.com.

Really stupid and I'm so disappointed as I tried to make sure everything was perfect!!!

Is there any possible way to get a gmail.ie address or to get it mapped somehow back to the gmail.com address??????

I don't think so.

Best you can do is probably to open the message in your sent items folder, click on 'reply to all' and add 'N.B.' to the subject line, and send them all a quick line of clarification/correction.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunatley, that's the crux of the problem, the invites went by snail mail as I wouldn't have emails for most. The email address was printed on an insert

Hopefully the people who respond by email (itll be very few id guess,people still like the etiquette of snail mail when rsvps'ing) will get a response back saying your email address is not valid (they should if theres no such thing as gmail.ie) and should contact you then if they think you havent received their reply.

I just sent a mail to myself to the gmail.ie domain and it bounced back with the error:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject:
Sent: 02/11/2007 15:23
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
<name>@gmail.ie on 02/11/2007 15:24
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

So hopefully if any of your guests get this they will go a different route to RSVP to you.

Thanks so much all. Can't believe made such a basic mistake, work with email all the time!!

I did include rsvp cards with all invites so hopefully like you suggest, they'll go with snail mail!!

Thanks again

In case people just change the address to gmail.co.uk after getting the failure notice.......I'd imagine.