Gloss painted doors - how can I touch up the spots only, without full re-paint?

lizabeth

My interior doors are panel, painted white gloss . Due to wear & tear, are some spots, here and there, where paint has eroded/been chipped off.

Dont want to repaint entire doors but want cheapest and simplist way of touching them up? (I dont need them perfect, but presentable, rather than seeing the undersurface medite brown look underneath the paint)

Tried one door - applying gloss white paint to the area but, (1) the paint colour a different white - so worse!, and 2) can see the outline of where the paint has chipped off.

Any solutions??

Gloss paint is a finish 'final' coat, it won't repair or hide damage...
It is all down to preparation, preparation, preparation...
You original 'white' gloss finish was the result of painting onto undercoat. If you paint white gloss onto an "...undersurface medite brown ..." it couldn't turn out the same.
Bottom line, you would probably get a quicker more presentable finish by doing the whole door, give a quick sand with fine paper to remaining gloss, undercoat whole door, sand any observable blemish and repaint with white gloss (you can use a roller to speed coverage but it gives a slight orangepeel finish and doesn't always get into intricate detail between panels).

Crugers has pretty much outlined your choices, but it is still possible to "touch up" damaged paintwork without re-doing a complete door. You need to sand around the affected areas to "featheredge" the paint. Spot prime and undercoat before finishing with a goss top coat. A light "de-nibbing" in between coats will help to blend in the new work. When finished clean down the whole door with a sugar soap solution- this will brighten up the older paint.

Back