Global Windows

Kazsal

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used them and how they found the service. We had a quote from them last night (the first of three we are getting) and I thought they were very expensive.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks Leo,

They do seem quite a bit above other quotes, and he was doing a heavy sales pitch, if we signed up last night it would be cheaper etc...so we've declined for the moment.

Golden rule is to be very wary of any outfit that uses pressure sales tactics.
Leo

i was v pleased with windows we got from wright windows (based in westmeath but work all over the country).... and i dont work for them!

I can weigh in behind noc1... I just got my windows installed by Wright Windows over yesterday and Monday. There was a slight fault, which they are currently fixing.

There was also a slight issue with the door. They suggested that I didn't pay the full amount until they fixed it completely.

Can't vouch 100% (as the windows aren't even in a day yet), but happy enough so far...

Thank you, that's good to know.

We were given a quote of E6080 for six windows (it's a 3 bed mid terrace) from Global, it seems high. So looking for other companies to compare them to.

Seems expensive relative to my quote... I own a 3 bed mid-terrace as well, and had all windows and doors done for a similar price (I also requested non-standard parts, which required manual adjustments, so could have paid less without those adjustments)...

I suppose it depends on the size of the windows though!

My father recently had Global out for a quote on replacing two very large front windows, was stunned when I later rang to be told they quoted over 7 grand and like you he was pushed to go ahead that day for a 20% discount (7 grand included the discount). Stupidly he went with it as the sales agent spent alot of time talking about it costing 7 -8 and not mentioning whether it was hundred or thousand, my father is in his 80's and lost with out my mother to direct things. They took his credit card details for a 1/3 deposit.

Thankfully it got sorted as they have a 3 day cooling off period. Have to say would not be impressed with their sales tactics. Apparently they had rung him to tell him there was a deal till end of April but when sales guy came out he insisted it was 10% till end of Jan, and the 20% was only available if he ordered that night.

Anyone know where or who you could complain to about this?

My father recently had Global out for a quote on replacing two very large front windows, was stunned when I later rang to be told they quoted over 7 grand and like you he was pushed to go ahead that day for a 20% discount (7 grand included the discount). Stupidly he went with it as the sales agent spent alot of time talking about it costing 7 -8 and not mentioning whether it was hundred or thousand, my father is in his 80's and lost with out my mother to direct things. They took his credit card details for a 1/3 deposit.

Thankfully it got sorted as they have a 3 day cooling off period. Have to say would not be impressed with their sales tactics. Apparently they had rung him to tell him there was a deal till end of April but when sales guy came out he insisted it was 10% till end of Jan, and the 20% was only available if he ordered that night.

Anyone know where or who you could complain to about this?

The Consumer association might be a good place to start.

[broken link removed]

I did think their sales method was OTT and given your fathers age, it was quite unfair to pressure him in that way.

Have yet to hear any positive feed back about Global...

That's outrageous, Northie, and I'm only glad your father got his money back. It sounds like very unscrupulous sales tactics - at best. Comment on what it might be at worst is probably risky for Brendan's liability, so I won't!

I will, however, avoid them myself given high costs and the sales pressure a number of people have mentioned.

I have had dealings with Global. In our old house, about 12 years ago, we got them to do the windows. Quote was higher but neighbours recommended them highly. Within days every glass pane cracked - measurements were wrong! Otherwise we were happy. Moved house, got quotes again. As we had been happy overall with Global quality even though the prices were high, we went with them again but just got the back of the house done as it was in dire condition. What a nightmare. One bedroom window faulty from the start. They came a few times and said they fixed it but to this day, years on, its still not right. They put the wrong windows in two of the bedrooms and had to redo them again. Oh and the lock on the back door was put in totally wrong and eventually a different company fixed that one despite Global insisting it was ok. And of course the glass once again cracked a few days later in several of the windows due again, to wrong measurements we were informed. Not alone all that, but the guarantee they offer was useless - they simply stopped coming once they knew the work was done wrong anyway. Frustrating, expensive and unreliable that time I'm afraid. When we were getting the front of the house done, our curiousity got the better of us and yep, we got Global to give us a quote. It was double the cost of the company we eventually went with. Global didn't want to hear about our previous troubles with them and tried to use the hard sale tactic - agree now, offered us a big discount by so doing but we just laughed! In all three dealings we had, they did the "agree tonight and it will save you a huge amount" tactic and we fell for it - foolish I agree!!:(

Back