Global Tuning car Sellers ?

Frank

Globaltuning, Limekiln Lane, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Dublin

Anyone ever heard of them or dealt with them.

Looks like new enough so probably not.

They have a nice looking 530d on the web that I am interested in.

Frank

Not members of SIMI.

Looking at this though.
[broken link removed]

As long as I get a HPI check and ask me mechanic to look at it should be right I think.

Good big last for years comfortable car. Not crazy money.

Anyone any opinons good or bad on the E39 530D?

The mileage would need VERY careful investigation, says 65k - unlikely on a 8 year old diesel, also says new engine with 53k, so what's the total mileage.

Also, a car only needs a new engine due to lack of proper maintenance or abuse, both of which effect the rest of the car also. There are lots of 5 series about, if in doubt then buy another. You'll find a manual 5 series much harder to sell on than an automatic.

Hi, I agree. You would be much better off buying a car in the UK yourself.

The dealer is responsible for displaying the price including VRT not just listing what they think it is.

I have an automatic 525D. Do not buy a manual, you will not be able to sell it again.

The steptronic box in the 5 series BMW works very well at changing up and down and does not affect mpg.

As the previous poster says if the car is properly looked after the engine should last over 200K.

My advice, go to uk and get do all relevant checks and you will have a great car.

Ad refers to "Globaltuning ltd". There is no such company listed on the Companies Registration Office website.

Thanks for all the replies.

Sometimes when it comes to cars my common sense doesn't seem to get a proper look in.

Will keep looking though.