glenmore park ballyboden rathfarnam

S

supes

hi i am thinking of buying a house in gelnmore park i am looking for any opinions on the area thanks

The general area is very nice, glenmore has improved a lot in recent years. There were some dodgy people in whitechurch estate but i think that's calmed down a bit. It's a good few years since I lived in the area though.

If it were me I'd see if I could get into moyville instead. The plus points of the area are the access to both St Enda's Park & Marlay Park, not very far from numerous supermarkets - Nutgrove, Dundrum, Tallaght, Rathfarnham. Good secondary schools, Colaiste Éanna, Sancta Maria, Beaufort - don't know much about Knocklyon.

Bit of a walk to the 16/15 bus but the 61 goes from Whitechurch through Dundrum to town.

it certainly depends on your tolerance for living close to a council estate. Whitechurch is right beside it. It is a rough place and the price of houses in both glenmore and in moyville are much lower than surrounding areas in dublin 16/14 because of their proximity to whitechurch.

If your budget is 250 or so, i'd suggest its better spent further away from whitechurch, a house in ballycullen/knocklyon (woodstown, glenvara etc) or ballinteer which are both close enough to where you are asking about would be a better option in my opinion.

take a drive around Whitechurch estate at various times over a week and see what you make of it and how you'd feel living beside it.
I rented near enough to there for a couple of years and when I first ventured into that estate, I was a bit shocked. Was'nt expecting something like that in the Dublin hills!!!! Struck me as being very rough