Glenbrook, Passage West

HMC

Hello, anyone familiar with this area? Are there local amenities, shops, etc.

Hi, I grew up in Glenbrook actually! Wonderful place (though it has been 12 years since I lived there). However there is very little there in terms of amenities and shops. As far as I recall there is nothing in Glenbrook itself, but if you head passage west or monkstown direction, there are a few pubs and a couple of shops. Probably a chipper or two and maybe a pharmacy in passage. Regarding restaurants, there is really only the Bosun in monkstown and that's it. Monkstown has a golf course and sailing club and is really picturesque, as is Glenbrook. It was certainly a wonderful place to grow up, but as an adult I'm not sure if I would like to live there now as there is not much going on. You would have to go to Douglas for cinema/restaurants/lively night life etc.. It may have changed a lot since my time, but friends of my folks still live in Monkstown and they say the place has gone very quiet. Totally depends on what you want from the place though, the peace and quiet may suit you perfectly!

Lots of traffic at rush hours as you have the cross river ferry operating from here. Can get a bit messy at times.
You could also avail of this ferry to Cobh for more resturants (recommend Trade Winds....yum yum) and pubs or as the previous poster pointed out you want the quieter lifestyle.