glasnevin wadelai, dean swift, st pappins rd area

clownie

Hi

Just wondering what the area around wadelai is like. Would it be a good area for children. Also does anyone know what Our Lady of Victories Primary School is like. Thanks, Clownie

Very nice area, used to live there for a number of years. Great local facilities, parks, shops, etc.. Not too far from town (about 3 miles I think) and on good bus routes. Would have no qualms about recommending someone to live in the area. Also, the new Metro line will stop on the Ballymun Road at the DCU entrance. Don't know anything about the schools in the area to be honest.

Would second ndp - the schools are quiet good there - my sister in law has three children in schools in that area and no hassles in getting them in to local schools, and the schools are very good.
You have Na Fianna near by... I am afaid I cannot say what the particular school you are looking at like ..
P

pinkybear do you know which school they go to? I have 1 girl and 2 sons. So need schools for both sexes and would probably prefer a mixed school. Thanks for your help so far

Clownie, Have you viewed any of the houses for sale. Are they a good size inside? Saw a couple online and from the pics they look to be of a decent proportion. Wasn't sure about the area myself as I don't know very well but from the replies seems to be a nice location.

Lulu123 we have only seen the photos of houses on-line. We are hoping to go and see some in the next week.

Clownie,
My Neices go to St. Marys in Glasnevin - across the road from the met office (25 minute walk). My sister in law had no trouble getting her children into the school as the area has an aging population and class sizes for young children are very small. My nephew goes to a school in Drumcondra. To be honest I am not sure of the name. But there are loads of schools near by you certainly would not be stuck, there is a very good school in Ballygall road...Which would also be near St Mary's..
The area is very rich in schools - I would vere away from ballymun though as class sizes may be larger than in other schools within your area.
A few years ago we too looked in that area (and loved it), we moved near by - and TBH I can't recommend the area in general high enough...

hi Clownie,
I hope you dont mind but I checked myhome and saw the house you could be speaking about - must say looks great - these are great houses - back gardens are huge.. The area of Glasnevin, Finglas east as I said earlier are realy good areas to bring up a family in..

i have attended OLV School a good few years back, im now 25...but i wouldnt reccomend it now, gone bad, the best primary school around that area is Corpus Christi on Homefarm road

Also would agree with ndp, the area is quite nice, I grew up near there and thought it was very nice. Plenty of buses to town, though some go through phibsboro which is very bad in the mornings.

I went to St. Marys and haven't heard great things about it since I left.