Girona/Barcelona - March - place to stay outside Barcelona?

leex

Hi,
My partner and I are flying to Girona for 1 week in March with a 2 year old. Intend hiring a car and maybe visiting Barcelona for a day or two.

Thinking of staying somewhere quiter outside of the city - don't mind being a 2 or 3 hour drive from Barcelona.

Any recommendations?
Thanks,
L

Girona itself is a very good base, direct train line. In the old part I can recommend the , about €100 I think.

Girona and Tarragonna are both nice, all of the small towns around the area are worth a visit and very accessible if you have a car (the roads are great).

Thanks NiceOneTed. I'm aware it's a lovely place alright. Want something outside so that we can amuse our 2 yr old for a few days and drop in maybe a few days.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, we are planning on spending a 2 or 3 nights in Cadaques in late July before meeting some friends in Perpignan. We were wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel in Cadaques and how best to get there from Girona Airport? thanks, Gallogly

Tarragona really lovely, very Spanish and nearer to Barcelona than Girona which is also gorgeous. There are many lovely towns on the coast between Tarragona and Girona, would you consider camping? some brilliant campsites along the cost. Look up Eurocamp, keycamp and Canvas hols. Myself and hubby go to Barcelona every year, find it far more relaxing than the other costas. We stay in a campsite in Roda da Bara near Tarragona, brilliant.

Back