Gift idea for new "girlfriend"

Sunny

One of the guys in work broke the cardinal rule of getting involved with someone during the months of November/December/January and the first two weeks of Febuary. Now he is struggling with whether he needs to buy a gift and what to buy. We are talking a long term 5 week relationship here. I suggested some nice diamonds but he thought that might send the wrong signal! Any ideas?

5 weeks? A "romantic" weekend away

Diamonds after five weeks? Bit much don't you think?
The poor girl will be scared off. Or maybe it'll go the other way and she'll be expecting a ring after ten weeks

Does she smoke? An engraved cigarette lighter is classy and affordable. And to me anyway, one for fifty euro looks the same as one for ten times that amount

I'll be back later with more ideas

Good idea MrMan

A consultation at the Weight Loss Clinic or Weighwatchers would be ideal and practical

Bag of ice too for the black eye you'll get

One of the guys in work broke the cardinal rule of getting involved with someone during the months of November/December/January and the first two weeks of Febuary. Now he is struggling with whether he needs to buy a gift and what to buy.

Is this a windup? Why would he be buying her anything if their last time "getting involved" was waaaay back in February?

Is this a windup? Why would he be buying her anything if their last time "getting involved" was waaaay back in February?

Don't fret, I'll explain it to you. The original poster must be from Cavan or possibly Scotland- now do you understand?

Don't fret, I'll explain it to you. The original poster must be from Cavan or possibly Scotland- now do you understand?

An awful lot of the men on this site are from Cavan! Not RMCF but the rest o them!

No they hooked up at the start of November. It is generally accepted that you don't start relationships in November until after Valentines day to avoid this issue. He wouldn't listen though.

No they hooked up at the start of November. It is generally accepted that you don't start relationships in November until after Valentines day to avoid this issue. He wouldn't listen though.

The term "School by error" comes to mind. *

* Obviously there are some exceptions in the code book, but discussing would not be gentlemanly

Ah yes I see, read the OP wrong. Small bottle of perfume or [broken link removed] if you dont think she'd be offended!

To be fair to him, I don't think it is a money thing. He was willing to throw money at the problem to get it sorted but the girls in the office didn't react very well to the idea of giving an expensive gift after a few weeks. I think he is considering telling her that they 'should take a break'......