Gift for a man (41) who has everything- ideas please

Mers1

All,

any suggestions here would be great. I need ideas for a friends birthday gift. He is 41 and when I say he wants for nothing I mean he wants for nothing. I only have about €50 to spend on the gift.

Help please.

Well, if he truly wants for nothing, how about giving something to someone who needs something, on his behalf? If you go to charity sites ( or [broken link removed] ) you can give a gift to a family or community in need. Prices vary, but there are definitely some within your budget. You get a certificate or card (plus a fridge magnet, from Oxfam) to show what you've bought which you could give to your friend.

Thanks Celtwytch, whilst I personally would love to give and recieve one of these gifts, I doubt somehow that it would be apprecitated completely. I know this sounds quite materialistic but I fear it needs to be something tangilble.

If he's good for cash, is he short on time? Is there anything you could do for him that gives him time off?

Thanks Celtwytch, whilst I personally would love to give and recieve one of these gifts, I doubt somehow that it would be apprecitated completely. I know this sounds quite materialistic but I fear it needs to be something tangilble.

That's okay. And it doesn't sound materialistic - I know not everyone appreciates that kind of gift, but just thought I'd suggest it anyways Hmm. If he's a drinker, how about a really good bottle of wine, whiskey, or whatever his poison is? If he has a hobby, maybe get him something practical tied in with that? (As in, if he's a gardener, then a basket of useful items like gloves, seed trays, plant markers, etc; an artist - sketchpads, pencils, blank canvas; a golfer - gloves, golf balls, etc; car fanatic - good quality cleaning kit, car mats; games console fan - accessories for the console such as extra/wireless controllers, steering wheel)

If he is a reader a book token....or those one4all vouchers which can be spent anywhere. It depends on his interests really.

The ideal gift is something you'd like but would not necessarily buy for yourself.

In this case - I'd look for a luxury version of something he likes.

e.g. - Wine. Nicely boxed bottle from good wine merchant. (must be French red, ideally Bordeaux)

or a bottle of port from 1968?

If he plays golf, maybe a particuarly good hat + a small box of ProV golf balls.

Personal grooming - if you're near Kildare town, Molton Brown have men's sets of shaving cream / shower gels for about €60 (normally €100). Beautifully packaged and are really superb.

Thanks a million everyone. We have exhausted most avenues at this stage, have done the golf thing, voucher for restaurant etc. It has come down to a good bottle/box of wine I think. McCaul great minds and all that, I do live near Kildare but will never make it this evening

Thanks again everyone.

A hands free car kit - Parrot.ie have great ones and they are by far the best brand to get.

Thanks everyone. Trust me when I say he has everything so I ended up with a book token and a nice bottle of wine. I believe he was very happy with it!

Thanks everyone. Trust me when I say he has everything so I ended up with a book token and a nice bottle of wine. I believe he was very happy with it!

Ahhh, the old classic bottle of wine. For me, it never fails. Good choice.