Giant Screen in Croke Park

Romulan

:mad: The whole point is to be able to look at replays but on most occasions tonight (Ireland vs Georgia), when you look to see an incident replayed, what do you see,

ad for a certain drink
ad for a certain newspaper
ad for a certain jeans
ad for a certain phone company

Time and time again it happened tonight even for the penalty incident.

Show the ad if you must FAI but SHOW THE INCIDENT after the ad!

:mad:

And it does not show the extra time, clock stops at 90 minutes

Hi Romulan. Just diverging ever so slightly from your post. What I find amazing about the whole situation is that the tv screen was there as you say etc., etc. and the referee was the only one out of the millions watching the game inside the ground and on tv, who didn't know that the ball hit the Georgian defender on the shoulder for the "penalty" we were awarded. I don't think we Paddys would be too happy if the shoe was on the other foot.

Why the hell won't they allow tv replays for the ref like they do in rugby? (Answer apparently:- Sepp Blatter)

With the vast amounts of money to be gained or lost on a refereeing decision, it makes no sense whatsoever. :mad:

My understanding is that FIFA do not allow the showing of controversial incidents on such screens to prevent crowd trouble

As I understand it, the GAA control the big screen for Rugby and Soccer games. The FAI and IRFU have no control over it.

My understanding is that FIFA do not allow the showing of controversial incidents on such screens to prevent crowd trouble

This is true. So for example with the penalty incident, this sort of thing will never be replayed on the TV screen as it has the potential to set off the crowd.

I seem to remember Leeds United got a big fine years ago for replaying a tackle for which a player got sent off.

Its the same at GAA games though isn't it, ads come on rather than the replay?

Back