getting to Luton airport

coleen

Hi I need to get to Luton Airport next week from central london and have looked up the train times and fares so I can leave st pancreas st at 5 and it will get me there. But the cost is 22.50 so for 3 adults it will cost us 67 pounds apart from taking a bus which will leave us with less time in London is there any other way. Would a taxi cost the same and I persume take longer as it is the 5pm time ? any ideas on how I can get a cheaper tain tickets?

Yes, I paid 22stg per person for return train + airport bus tickets from Luton airport to St. Pancras.

I don't think you can get the train much cheaper.

I remember an off-peak ticket was 9.80 one-way, so not much saving.

I am only going one way I will not need a return is it the same price ? this is what I am being quoted for 1 way.

Aha, I wanted to ask about easybus - how reliable it is? As I haven't taken it. But anyway, here's the link:

[broken link removed]

I flew into Luton last month and headed into London, hated paying the massive price for one stop on the train, but was a lot cheaper than a taxi and a lot faster than the busses.

Don't even thinkabout a taxi!
We came back from Switzerland in October to Luton and got a taxi to Stansted where my car was parked at the Hilton. Cost £75 icl.tip!

Back