Getting this land into my name

jetski

Hi All,

First time posting.

I am in the middle of buying a small patch of land connected to the rear of my house.

The people who own the land are the builders of my house have sent me a land registry compliant map with the area marked out which they have agreeed to sell me but because that map is already stamped it cannot be used again.

I need to get a new map and have it marked and stamped. anyone know what kind of person who can do this and how much it should cost.... considering i have a map already marked?

Thanks in advance!
David

I suggest you engage a solicitor to guide you through the process of purchasing this plot of land.

You can get an Engineer / Surveyor to inspect the site and to mark up the boundary.

Hi,

I already have a solicitor looking after it. he is trying to get the land registry to accept the already stamped map. (alas, its taken him 2.5 weeks so far)

I am wondering do i need to get somone to inspect and mark the land considering i have a land registry compliant map already marked out with what i want and futhermore has been approved by the current owner.
David

Get someone to inspect and mark an original Land Reg. map.

Ring your local Architectural Technicians. (or Building Surveyor's)

Get at least 3 written quotes, from experienced professioal with full PI insurance.
Ask each to quote to mark a site off a Land Registry map - circa €150 + VAT for a straight forward one.

You must use an Original Land Registry Map - photocopies are not acceptable. It must be marked to Land Registry rules (very simple rules - outline site in red, state area in metric) and contain a signed declaration, which is also dated.

Your Solicitor should know this?
Its either right or wrong, black or white - the Land Registry don't do "grey"

Back