Getting the oil changed

Calico

Hi All,

My car needs an oil change but I don't want to get it serviced just at the minute. Do those tyre/exhaust places change the oil for you if you ask them? Is it something I could do myself (have no experience with that kind of thing at all)

Most of those tyre/exhaust places will do this for you but I would be suspect about the quality of the oil they use. You could probably bring your own oil in and they could put that in your car. Check the manual to get the correct grade of oil and the correct amount to use. Its also as well to change the filter while you are at it. Its a job that most people could do themselves though could be a bit messy and disposing of the old oil is a big problem.

Agree - most of those place will do an oil change - also smaller local garages will usually do it - should be no more than 50-60 euro for oil and filter change on most cars.

its something you could do yourself and its very straightforward. You will need some tools like a ratchet set and a oil filter strap or chain. What kind of car is it?
Always change the filter with the oil....its good practice

Back