Getting Started on a (Music) Keyboard

dodo

I was given a nice key board for the children, Tried looking for some music sheets and instruction's on how to use the notes.Anyone know any sites I can print from.If they pick it up and show an interest then I would go looking for a teacher and books etc

Jingle Jangle music

Is it like [broken link removed]? I'm trying to imagine what your key board sounds like -- wind-chimes?

Re: Jingle Jangle music

I cant see the children learning to play a musical keyboard from the site you supplied,but thanks anyway.
Is it like [broken link removed]? I'm trying to imagine what your key board sounds like -- wind-chimes?

try searching videos on youtube.
For kids the hands on approach maybe better though!

Try a search using "music+tablature+keyboard". Most of the sites you find will offer lyrics and music for guitar, but some offer piano and other options as well.

With tablature you don't need to know how to read music to knock a bit of a tune out of an instrument, as it shows diagrammatic finger positions rather than notes on a staff.

Theres more to playing an instrument than knocking out a tune using tablature, sounds like your hammering nails. There is only one way, unless your supremely gifted and can play by ear. Buy the first John Thompson book, very easy for you to pick up and teach kids yourself, starts with middle C, the centre note on the key board, whereas a piano has 6 octaves (6 X 8 notes) a keyboard maybe only has 4 octaves. J. Thompson starts with very simple pieces using middle C and moves on to the next note up D.
Middle C is the white note to the left of the two black notes in the middle of the keyboard....Its not hard once you grab the basics in this very easy to understand book.

...Anyone know any sites I can print from.If they pick it up and show an interest then I would go looking for a teacher and books etc
I quote from OP above, before you go all musical. My posting was in response to a specific request to find stuff on line, just so you are clear.

Head to your local library and see what they have. I was in Fingal Library recently and pleasantly surprised at the wealth of music and muscial books there.

My thoughts exactly; it's one of their most under-used resources, according to a librarian friend of ours.