Getting rid of overgrown garden.

clearday

Hello all,I am moving into a house with a wildly overgrown garden.I have no problem chopping it down with a handsaw and a strimmer.My problem is how to get rid of all the branches,trees and bushes.Where do all the gardeners bring their trailer loads?
Thanks.

We did this about 2 years ago. My advice would be to hire a shredder from your local hire shop. You will be amazed how much the volume reduces.
It can then be bagged, if necessary.
The green waste depot is in Lucan, just off the N4. (Take the turn for Superquinn, and I think it is signposted from there. Otherwise, just pull in and ask any local.)
Good Luck

There are many other green waste depots, check with your local authority.
Leo

Given the volume the place in Lucan will probably work out a lot cheaper.

In the [broken link removed] pilot, the following Bring Centres accept green waste free of charge:

Oscar Traynor Road, Coolock, Dublin 5
Gulistan Terrace, Rathmines, Dublin 6
Windmill Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12.
And Saturdays only 10am – 4pm from May 13th 2006:
Tolka Valley Road, Finglas, Dublin 11

Leo said:
In the [broken link removed] pilot, the following Bring Centres accept green waste free of charge:

Oscar Traynor Road, Coolock, Dublin 5

There were 18 cars queueing outside this one at 11:00 on Saturday morning - bring something to read while you're waiting

Hi

I was up in the recycling center in Ballyogan last year on a long weekend (where the landfill site used to be) and there was 200 yards of traffic queueing, took about an hour. I've been up there on other days and there's usually no queue, moral of the story is go when other people are in work... great facility by the way, it's free! (Although they do charge for van loads but not trailer loads)

Cheers
Joe

Irish pine furniture, Co. Wicklow.