Getting rid of Old 3 in one and Buying New one

IrishGunner

ok have an old 3 in one from about 14 years ago and its just too big

Want to buy a new one either in Power City or DID

With this new law do they have to take my old one or is it up to me to dispose of it ?

If I do where is the best place to dispose of it in a environmental friendly way ?

I presume IrishGunner means a combined radio, turntable, tape deck stereo system or something like that? If you're in Dublin then you may be able to find a suitable Bring/recycling centre in your locality using the [broken link removed] website.

They have to accept the old appliance as long as it's a similar product to what you're buying. e.g. They have to take your old tv when you buy a new tv, or your old hi-fi when you buy a new hi-fi.

and i assume they charge you a levy for 'disposal' whether you get rid of an old one or not....

There is now 5 euro included in the price of any new Hi-Fi which goes into a 'producer recycling fund'. Effectively, this fund will pay for the recycling cost of your new product at the end of its useful life. When you go to purchase it the retailer will take back your old Hi-Fi and dispose of it free of charge if you wish.

Yeah the old 3 in one except I forgot about the turntable its a 4 in one Radio, Double Cassette, CD and Turntable oh how I remember. They where big in the 80's but now everything is much smaller

Might ring the retailers before I decide to haul it down to them & see if they can dispose it for me

Thanks

Back