Getting rid of furniture

speirbhean

Hi all, I have a two seater sofa and a matching chair in very good condition which is not needed any more. Does anyone know what is the best way to go about getting rid of it? I'd love to give it to charity but I'm told places like the V de P don't take furniture. Otherwise I'd give it away to anyone who would pay to remove it - but what would be the best place to advertise that? Buy and Sell? It's in good nick but old fashioned, so I don't think I'd get much for it - I'd hate the thought of it being dumped though, if it could get someone through that lean moving in period!

put it on a free adds paper - "free to take away".
We were in dire need of a couch when we moved in first as we had to wait 12 weeks for one on order and got 2 armchairs this way.

Found this mentioned in one of the papers last Sunday:
[broken link removed]
Seems to be very like freecycle.

Thanks all - quick and accurate info as always! I was on to Oxfam home who will take stuff if you pay for the courier, so I'll try that and the freecycle crowd.
thanks again.

Have you tried Vincent De Paul, they will pick it up from you free of charge and at least you know it will be put to some use.

Leinster Recycle is great! (and thanks to Ronan d who recommended it before I think) If your stuff is reasonably good and you have a pic to send on to the hordes of would be takers, you'll be spared dumping it.

St Vincent de Paul don't do pick ups anymore. (they were great)