Getting rid of ERGAS butane cylinder?

amgd28

Hi, I inherited an orange butane gas cylinder from previous owner when I bought the house (over 5 years ago!) and I have no idea how to get rid of it, as I obviously wouldn't put in skip of bin due to the nature of the contents.
Any ideas?

Do they still give deposit money back? I remember someone trying to get it back for 3 old cylinders he had and they the shop refused.

I have a 'Blue Gas' (?) cylinder that came with my house :). I was as Ringsend Bring Center last week with a load of rubbish and saw that they took them. I had of course left mine at home.

Towger

Any DIY Store that sells BBQ Gas, ie Woodies or B&Q,will take back old cylinders for return to the Supplier.Calor Gas were losing so many cylinders that they introduced a Tariff system, so every time someone buys a full cylinder without bringing back an empty they will be charged extra.The secret is bring back your empties when you go for a refill and save yourself money, especially now the BBQ season is here.

I do bring back empties of the patio gas back to B&Q for refill, but they seem to only deal with Calor. Would they take an ERGAS cylinder if they do not sell them?

Back