Getting Planning for 4 bed det house one off housing on low/med den residential area

lionstour

I am looking at a site in a low/medium density residential area (according to the development plan of the town) I am wondering what are the chances of getting planning for a one off house in an area such as this.

The objective of this area according to the town development plan is to;

promote the development of housing with a density of 8 to 13 dwellings per acre and to discourage the balnket construction of three and four bedroom houses. all the new residential units will have to recongnise and reflect the changing demographic structure in the house type and design, site layout and aditional facilities proposed.

Its a perfect site beside family. Am i wasting my time trying for planning on it. (5 bed home) The site is an acre.

I am looking at a site in a low/medium density residential area (according to the development plan of the town) I am wondering what are the chances of getting planning for a one off house in an area such as this.

The objective of this area according to the town development plan is to;

"promote the development of housing with a density of 8 to 13 dwellings per acre and to discourage the balnket construction of three and four bedroom houses. all the new residential units will have to recongnise and reflect the changing demographic structure in the house type and design, site layout and aditional facilities proposed. "

Its a perfect site beside family. Am i wasting my time trying for planning on it. (5 bed home) The site is an acre.

You are proposing a density of ONE house per acre.

If the above quotation represents a material objective of the plan you might need a Material Contravention motion in order to secure permission.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

You are proposing a density of ONE house per acre.

If the above quotation represents a material objective of the plan you might need a Material Contravention motion in order to secure permission.

Okaythanks , but how do I know/find out if it is a "material objective" as you say and if it is how do I go about getting a material contravention. And under what grounds do I get one.

You have already told us it is an objective of the development plan yourself.
You are unlikely to get a material contravention - its complicated and awkward and fraught with the taint of corruption.
Talk to the local planning officer but I would do so only after porposing a strategy to help him see your proposal as a bending of the rules rather than a breach of them.

I think you'll need the services of a competent architect or planning consultant to do help develop your proposal.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Lionstour,

Your e-mail foreverdelayed32@hotmail.com appears not to be working and you might follow this up if you want me to respond. I got your e-mail earlier but when I tried to respond I got a bounce.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

Back