Getting nowhere with divorce

Citygate

Hello

I am hoping to get some advice.
Basically we are separated since December, 2020.
Firstly we tried mediation but my ex-husband refused to continue with this.

He is living in rented accommodation I am in the family home with 2 children.

He pays maintenance and contributes to mortgage.

I have started divorce proceedings over 2 years ago. He is refusing to co-operate, his solicitor is ignoring all my solicitor's letters for example they said my letters were not answered as solicitor's secretary was on maternity leave and letters etc sent were not opened for 10 months.

I have submitted all the necessary documentation e.g. house valuation Affidavit of Means and welfare pension details 3 times at this stage to no avail.

I am at the end of my tether at this stage as I have sent numerous letters and my solicitor has attended case progression on 2 occasions whereby my ex's solicitor has said they do not have documents ready.

We are both PAYE workers so should be somewhat straightforward. Over 2 years I have received absolutely no documentation from my ex spouse.

This is extremely stressful and I feel like it will never end. I am trying to keep this as amicable as possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Looks like filing to court as the applicant is your only option and let the court decide the outcome. Best of luck ! Went through the process myself though we had agreed consent terms which meant the court apperance was just a rubber stamping exercise. It's a tough time for all concerned and everybody comes out of it worse off.

I have started divorce proceedings over 2 years ago. He is refusing to co-operate, his solicitor is ignoring all my solicitor's letters for example they said my letters were not answered as solicitor's secretary was on maternity leave and letters etc sent were not opened for 10 months.
Seriously? Did your own solicitor put this in writing to you?

Have you asked your solicitor why you need to wait until someone comes back from being off for nearly a year, in someone else's office in order to proceed.

Yes thanks. Solicitor is doing everything numerous letters and phonecalls to other solicitors to no avail also attended 2 case prrogession hearing yo which his solicitor requested extra time on 2 ocassions since May.

attended 2 case prrogession hearing yo which his solicitor requested extra time on 2 ocassions since May.

This is the problem.

The courts tend to indulge and tolerate inefficiency.

Your solicitor probably needs to be more assertive and to demand that the court orders your husband to provide the documentation by a specific date and to give you a date for a hearing of the case.

But the courts system in Ireland is slow and you just have to accept this while doing your best to progress it.

Brendan

Many thanks for reply. It is very frustrated as i am separated since January 2021 and no progression has been made.

Thank you I will approach my solucitor again to push for court date as it is not amicable and unfortunately it may be the only option.

Back