Getting Money back on a Faulty Kitchen

jumper1

Hi , Purchased an expensive designer Kitchen from a company a few years back and ever since it was installed things have been going wrong with it e.g warping , bubbling on the worktop e.t.c. and this has been going on now for 4 years. Each time something goes wrong the company try's to get out of it but relents and then fixes the issue.

At this stage though I am getting sick and tired of waking up each day to find something else that may be wrong with the product .

I have two questions :

(a) If the Company keeps repairing parts and replacing some parts that go faulty again , can I ask for my money back or do I have to keep letting the company repair /replace the faulty product forever, ( I fear they may keep fixing until the Guarantee runs out and then stop.)

(b) If I can ask for my money back how does it work for a Fitting e.g Kitchens, Windows , doors as opposed to a TV or piece of Furniture where you return the faulty product and get your money back. Would I have to allow the company tear out the Kitchen and then I could get my money back .

Regards, Jumper1

How long is the gtee for?
Most gtees give the provider the right to repair rather than replace.
Have you read the gtee in detail on this point?
How substantial is the company?
Could it fold in the morning rather than pay up?

After 4 years of wear and tear I don't see a full refund coming unless you can prove unfit for purpose from day 1.
They may well rip it out and then you could be 10-12 weeks with nothing.

I had a similar situation which was settled by a cash settlement rather than a rip out, but it ended the gtee

Back