getting marks off floor tiles

olivia

i am currently trying to get marks off floor tiles followng construction and tiling (grout etc) in a newly-built house - any know anything good at the job?

Not sure how to get stains off tiles, but do be careful with what u use, certain cleaners can remove the protective layers, others can cause a build-up. Hopefully someone in the know will advise you.

Try rubbing stains with a wedge of cut lemon. I found this extremely effective on heavy rubber scuff marks. Otherwise try a solution of diluted vinegar/water or the old faithful, bicarbonate of soda.

Had the same problem.Told the tiler I wasn't happy with it as there were 18 tiles in total that were ruined with the grout. It was no problem to him, he came back with a gallon of some acid stuff and said this is what we use for it. They are perfect now. Am sure if you do the same, i.e. say it to your tiler, he'll at least give you the name of it. But just to be warned, my tiler's hands were in bit's afterwards, so I'd say be very careful with it.

To remove the grout, you will need an acid product as mentioned above. Lithofin Cement Away or HG Extra would be two leading brands, widely available from tile suppliers, builders providers and DIY sheds.
Leo

Back