Getting makeup done in Department store?

MissSherry

Hi there,

I have a fancy dress party coming up and my outfit is 1950's themed. I'd really like to get my makeup right for the look and dont really have a clue myself. I also dont want to pay a fortune!

Someone suggested calling up one of the makeup counters (eg MAC) in a shopping centre near me (a big one) and booking in for an appointment/makeover on the day and getting them to do it and that i might only need to buy a lipgloss or something in return. They said they'd probably put on false eyelashes for me too. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is actually possible? Thanks....

Ive done this a number of times in BT's at a few of the different make up counters, have found it very difficult to get appointments at the MAC counter particularly on a Friday or Sat, but usually no problem at the other counters. Usually you have to pay €25 but then that €25 is taken off any products you buy.

I would imagine you would have to pay seperately to get false eyelashes applied though.

Thanks for that tml. Was thinking of going to Blanchardstown SC. Could anyone recommend a particular counter if MAC is too busy. Its the eye makeup i'm most concerned about.

Update: Just made an appointment with the Clinique counter in Blanch. They'll do my false lashes too as long as i bring my own. Cost 25euro and i'll get products for that too. Thanks for the reply!

Back