Getting high heels cut

triona

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get high heels cut? I've bought a pair of shoes with 3 inch heels. They're gorgeous but I'd prefer if they were a little lower.
Anyone know if it's possible? And if it is, recommend a good cobbler/shoe repair place in the West Dublin/Kildare area?

Thanks, Triona

It is possible, it depends on whether or not they can take anything off the soles as well and what the shoes are made off, if its very stiff material they may look misshapen if the heels are lowered.
A friend of mine got it done with boots in The Square in Tallaght, but they looked a bit off balance afterwards.

Hi Triona,

I had this done years ago and it was successful but mainly because there were platform soles also.

As the previous poster mentions it may throw the shoes off kilter.

There are two old fashioned shoe repairers that I could recommend who may be able to look at them and advise. One is on the main street in Tallaght Village and is a very nice guy, genuine type of chap. The same can be said about the other shoe repairer who is on the main street in Dolphin's Barn. He is there for a very long time and does quality work also.

Theres a great shoe repair guy at the corner beside Tara st Station, I'm no sure if he does it I've had him reheel shoes and he did a brill job