Getting Gas into Apartment.

ryan-neil

Hi,

I live in what i suppose is now an older style apartment, where it was built as a house and i have the bottom right quarter front to rear for a total of four apartments in the building, i have terrible storage heating and would like to get Gas again, has to be cheaper than a storage heating / immersion combo, both sids of the building have a path into the back garden, whos permission would i need to get Gas.

Bord Gais said they mole in the pipe under the drive so it wouldn't be dug except where a small hole for the pipe to come out at the side of the building and into my apartment, who permission do you need to put in this pipe, as i understand the management company is owned by a tenant and nearly non functional, grass is knee high front and rear, i'm led to believe he own's the other three apartments in the building.

The woman i bought from hasn't paid any fee's in two years, although it's been agreed she will pay them if they arise, does anyone in this case know who is responsible.

Thanks

Also does anyone know if its worth it financially to change, i prefar the gas but excluding the cost of the install, will the drop in Elec from not using Storage / immersion be less than the gas, anyone here changed over, storage rads are at least 12years old if not more, anyone know what the average lifespan of them is.

Thanks

The management company is the owner of the grounds of the apartment complex usually - so this means you have to go through them to get an easement. In practice this means talking to the other tenant.
If the company is hardly functional, it complicates matters.

I suggest talking to your solicitor.