Getting from dictaphone to file that can be emailed

Janet

Wondering if this is possible and what would be needed, friend getting married and as we don't have access to a working camcorder of any kind (but still working on it, someone might come through by tomorrow) we were considering taping the ceremony to send to hubby-to-be's family who can't make it over to Ireland. If we recorded this on a dictaphone is there any way to then put that tape onto a soft copy file (what kind of files are sound files anyway?) to be emailed? She'll probably end up just sending the tape over by post but I thought it was worth seeing if it could be done electronically.

Would somebody have an MP3 player with record capability allowing you to record to MP3/WMA or whatever ready for emailing (although the attachment could be big!)? If not and you need to use a dictaphone then you will most likely have to record from analog to WAV and maybe then convert to MP3/WMA etc. I think that this sort of approach to converting analog audio sources to digital was discussed here before but I can't find the thread(s). Try for more info. Hope this helps. Best of luck with the do.

A friend asked me to do the same with a dictaphone recently

I am no way a wiz on comuters managed it

I had to dowload a couple of different recorders as some have time limitations etc
I got them from www.download.com all for free trials
I think the recorder I used was from but am not certain

I used the sound recorder and microphone (and left the room) to create a wma files ( I think) and then burned as an audio file for playing on CD's through windows media player

I hope this helps

stuart@buyingtolet.ie

Janet said:
Wondering if this is possible and what would be needed, friend getting married and as we don't have access to a working camcorder of any kind (but still working on it, someone might come through by tomorrow) we were considering taping the ceremony to send to hubby-to-be's family who can't make it over to Ireland. If we recorded this on a dictaphone is there any way to then put that tape onto a soft copy file (what kind of files are sound files anyway?) to be emailed? She'll probably end up just sending the tape over by post but I thought it was worth seeing if it could be done electronically.

The Rio Carbon MP3 player has a built-in voice recorder. You could then email the audio file.

Most digital cameras or camera phones allow you to record short audio clips or for that matter short video clips either.

Back