Getting from airport to weybridge, surrey..

serotoninsid

How accessible is weybridge, surrey via public transport?

Basically need to go over there for a wedding. Havnt booked flight yet so not sure which london airport it will be. Anyways, that shouldnt effect the question too much. How regular are the trains out that direction and what line is it on ie. anyone have a link to the train co. website that covers weybridge from central london?

Weybridge has a railway stn.it is in southwest london inside the m25.
About 8- 10 miles from heathrow .
the train to weybridge goes thru wimbledon and probably can be got from waterloo or another central london railway stn.

As another option (always good if your carrying lots) is to google for cab companies in Weybridge. Ring them up ask for their airport rates (some may have this on website). I constantly do this and end up paying reasonable fares...e.g. Heathrow to Cockfosters, approx 22 miles - £40. Ensure you inform them how many people are travelling and how many cases.
They will meet you at airport and know where they are going !!

Enjoy the wedding

Eoin

Heathrow is definitely the best for Webridge - it's not that far

Either get a taxi - as Eoin says it's probably cheaper to arrange a mini cab to pick up up than just get a black taxi on arrival - though Weybridge isn't too far so a black cab shouldn't be too outrageous.

By public transport - take the 285 bus to Feltham Station from Heathrow Bus station and then you should be able to get a train from Feltham station to Weybridge at least every half hour.

I used to live quite near Weybridge - taxi cab is prob the best as your bound to have a bit of luggage with you - - shouldnt be more than 40 bucks.... fly into Heathrow definitely

Thanks for the info folks.
Heathrow is definitely the best for Webridge - it's not that far
That makes sense but I have the other side to consider. It looks like it will suit me best to fly aer arann Galway -> Luton arriving Luton 20:30.

Is Luton Airport hooked up with tube/commuter trains?

Luton certainly wouldn't be ideal for Weybridge (which is in outer southwest London). It would be about 50 miles journey by car

At a wild guess a minicab arranged in advance would be £50-£60 ish - definitely don't take a black cab for that journey.

Public transport wise you'd have to take the train from Luton Airport Parkway (shuttle bus from the terminal) to central London (King Cross) ... then hop on the tube across town to Waterloo (or Vauxhall) to pick up a train to Weybridge .. journey time probably at least 2 hours - If you're only landing in Luton at 20.30 trains are fewer and further between later in the evening (but they do run until midnight or so)

Not sure where you're coming from at the Galway end - but it might be worth considering driving to Shannon and flying Aer Lingus from there to Heathrow (which is only 10 miles from Weybridge) ??

I used to visit the IBM complex in Weybridge, black cab charges 50-60 as they have some rule about M25 that makes is really expensive, there is a porter office inside the door of the airport who will call a hackney for you instead - much cheaper and more comfortable too.

For public transport from central London

www.ibm.com/uk/locations/weybridge.html

Back