Getting electric/static shocks off....everything!

I get it a lot too, sprinkle or rub a bit of water on my clothes does the trick for me.

Wear leather soles !!! These conduct the charge without shock while man- made fibres provide insulation so the charge builds up until you touch something conductible and you get a ...big shock. Not always practical for kids shoes - I've never seen a leather soled shoe for kids.

If happens a lot in dry weather and heated dry atmospheres like dept stores. Dampen a hanky and hold it in your pocket.

If in a car, lean out and touch the ground or first touch the gatepost (wooden or stone). I know I feel like I'm the Pope but its better than shock therapy...
Thankfully it doen't happen much in Ireland, I used to live in Denmark where this was a major problem for me.

I got one the other day at this place i work in occasionally, i and a few others around me actually saw sparks which none of us had never seed before, actual sparks!
It's worse here in sweden though as insulation is so good it tends to be very dry indoors.

Drives me nuts at work. Seem to build up lotsa charge off the carpet tiles in the office, then get zapped by the hand rail on the way up the stairs to the canteen!

Happens to me all the time too and to those of you who think it's amusing it hurts! I work in a lab and I have to wash my hands a lot during the day so a typical one for me is shocks from the metal taps. Someone suggested to me that i touch the wall befoe i touch the tap and that works fine although the antistatic ankle strap sounds brill

Dunnes in Blanchardstown is the same.

Someone handed me a pen yesterday and I was zapped when I took it!

A perfectly normal, run-of-the-mill pen - and no, it wasn't from a joke shop.

You could actually hear the zap. It's all very embarrassing, people look at me like I'm something out of Star Trek. (Well..........).