getting curtains made online?

noc1

hi,
i was thinking of getting curtains made using this website:

they're based in Derry and delivery is free.
anyone had any experience with them, or any other online curtain place?
do they compare favourably with regular shops in terms of price etc?

any feedback welcome thanks.

Noc1

I think they're expensive. Haven't used them. There are plenty of previous threads on curtains that might help although as far as I can recall none of them refer to ordering on-line.

its a cool idea - Id like to see swatch of quality of fabric though ...time's not on your side - I see pre christmas orders need to be in by Wed 6th.
Until you see quality and weight of fabric and lining its difficult to compare with whats in shops.

i've ordered a swatch, so i'll wait to see that first.

i paid over700 or so for 2 sets of made-to-order curtains in hickeys. one of thos e was for a small window.

it'll cost 300 for the set i'm planning to get, so i think it compares reasonably well to hickeys. will have to wait for swatch though, might be rubbish!

..can you not buy fabric and get them made ? are you in Dublin ?
I can recommend a person in Drogheda who is excellent at this - send me a pm if you need

amcs

Hi Noc1,

I have used them. In fact just hung the curtains in my sitting room yesterday. Have to say they look excellent. My wife and I went curtain shopping and we could not get over the price of both material and making the curtains up. We then looked for cheaper options. By using we reckon we saved at least €700, to €800 on just 2 sets of curtains. They will send you samples of the material so you know what you are ordering. Follow the instructions on the site for measuring or you could get a curtain supplier to come out and measure for you, Stillorgan decor change 25 for this service. We first saw material we liked on which was on special and they sent the samples, we then after about a week went back to the site and the sale was over however they had no problems selling to us at the lower price. Very happy customer.

Dinging

thanks dinging,
actually - the fabric i've ordered a sample of is on sale. i hope its still at sale price when i make the order. did u email them to get the sale price?
noc1

ps how long did they take?

We called them to explain that when we ordered the sample etc it was on at a sale price and they were Ok about giving us the sale price when we actually out in their order even though the slae was over. I think it took about 2 weeks but I ma not totally sure.

Dinging.

Back