getting chorus digital to 2nd point

pator

I have chorus digital (from aerial/mini dish) and am wondering about geting signal to a second room (kitchen). There is a tv point in the kitchen but the cable is not connected to anything in the attic. The cable from the sitting room is connected directly, in the attic, to the cable from the aerial. Is there a way of getting signal to the tv point in the kitchen?

If you can do it, I'll take my hat off to you! I did everything to try and get it in to my kitchen, bought 2 different boosters and a splitter thingy and nothing worked! I was able to get TV3 and Sky News eventually but in a roundabout way. In the end I succumbed and I now pay for a second connection. Well and truly worth it. I believe it's now only €5 a month for second connection but I've yet to see that on my bill.

Hi Ribena,
Thanks for that, was looking at a video sender device in the argos cat, did you try one of those? it suggests it can send digital cable.
I will check out price of a second connection, (thought it was €15)
they still take the the direct debit every month but I haven't got an invoice in 4 months!

I have a video sender also so I can send the kitchen channels in to the bedroom. It was a dear one at the time but you could get one now for around €45 - €100. You can only watch the channel that the Chorus box is set to so if you want to change station you've to get out of the leaba and change it! You just plug the transmitter in to your Chorus box and the receiver in to your other tv. Works perfectly but at €5 you won't know yourself being able to change to any channel in either room. They are definitely advertising both on the radio and on their website at €5 for a second connection. I'm due a bill shortly so I'll see what they charge. I get a bill every month but my folks never get one. Apparently you have to request a bill to get one. I was never asked if I wanted a bill, nor were my folks. If you want one, ring them up.

Sounds like you shuold be able to do it with the coax cable in the Kitchen, it has to go to the attic somewhere, where you can splice it. A cable box is the same as a sky box, and I have it done with my sky box. The video sender is a good idea though, most of the good ones have an IR recevie on them also, so you can swith channels from the kitchen using your remote. I used to have one a few years ago that did exaclty that.

5 yoyos is feck all though when you think about it, and you will be able to watch different chans in each room as apposed to being only able to watch one channel at a time with the coas or video sender solution.
Wexfordman

Wexfordman is on the right track; t.v. in my kitchen is fed through attic & we can view sky/satellite channels i.e. whatever channel is set on sky box. All other terrestial cahannels are available also.
I think whoever installs the dish should put a cable from dish to main tv/box and then a cable back up to aerial/dish or better still the attic and connect to send to all tv s.
It's years since we did ours but I give this info' in good faith.

I don't think you can actually feed the channels with Chorus. You can do it with Sky because it's satellite whereas chrous isn't and apparently that matters. If either of you know exactly what way your cables are set up I'd certainly try it.

My set up using sky.

RF output from SKY, goes into splitter/amplifier, and fed out on 5 different feeds to different rooms (not all in use though I dont have five tv's but all do work).

My neighbours set up, which I did for him. Chorus digital RF output going to splitter to two different rooms. He is using the scart output for his local tv, and the 2 rf feeds going to two other tv's around the house. Exact same set up possible as sky.

Regards,
Wexfordman

Thanks very much for that Wexfordman. I'll be trying that over the w/end.

Wexford man - can I ask what is probably a silly question. The rf feed you refer to is that from the back of the chorus box? So is it a matter of running a cable back up to the attic (for example to join to ponts that meet/end in the attic) or alternatively around the edge of the room to a further point?
I have been told that I can't split the one coming from the aerial as there is a small current in it to work the digital.

Can you split the signal from the arial into two separate sky boxes?
Do you need some kind of booster or something? I have two boxes in adjoining rooms and one arial signal to one only. Can this be done?
bw