Getting a personal loan with bad credit rating?

Barney

Hi,

Just wondering if you can offer advice to me. I need a personal loan to do some home improvements, but have been refused due to my credit history. I took out a loan 6 years ago over a two year term, and due to unexpected job loss, fell behind on repayments. The loan was paid in full by it's due date. I managed to get a mortgage almost two years ago with thanks to my broker. There has never been a payment missed in the last year and 10 months (since the mortgage was taken out). My question is, if I go to my bank and explian this to them, would they be likely to look at my recent payments history rather than that one of 6 years (which I know will be gone from my record in 1 year). I badly need to get this loan as theres some damage in my house that needs repairing now, or it will get worse.
any help very greatlty appriciated.

Re: Getting a lPersonal Loan

If all else fails try GEMoney here [broken link removed]

As far as I know they charge a higher interest rate

Re: Getting a lPersonal Loan

Barney said:
Hi,

Just wondering if you can offer advice to me. I need a personal loan to do some home improvements, but have been refused due to my credit history. I took out a loan 6 years ago over a two year term, and due to unexpected job loss, fell behind on repayments. The loan was paid in full by it's due date. I managed to get a mortgage almost two years ago with thanks to my broker. There has never been a payment missed in the last year and 10 months (since the mortgage was taken out). My question is, if I go to my bank and explian this to them, would they be likely to look at my recent payments history rather than that one of 6 years (which I know will be gone from my record in 1 year). I badly need to get this loan as theres some damage in my house that needs repairing now, or it will get worse.
any help very greatlty appriciated.

might be best to get a copy of your credit history... check what exactly is on it...

there is always the option of releasing some capital from you house with a re-mortgage, nothing like secutiry when applying for a loan....

Back