Getting a Dublin Bus stop moved? Problems with litter and noise.

censuspro

Does anyone have an insight on getting a bus stop moved from outside my house. Bus stop is right out side my house and lots of litter gets thrown in my garden. Most of the litter is either cigarette butts or fast food packaging from the same restaurant.

Any ideas on where I should start? Dublin Bus or fast food restaurant?

County council. Report people throwing litter.
a fine and a possible court appearance might deter people.

My understanding is if there is rubbish outside your gate you are responsible for it regardless of who left it there. Maybe the bus stop changes that?

You should check that with council too. take ap picture of the rubbish showing name of fast food place just in case

My mother had the same issue. Bus Eireann do not need to get planning permission for a bus stop we were told by Town Engineer. They put in a rubbish bin for her. She also had to get the front wall raised as people waiting for the bus started to sit on it and rubbish ended up in her garden. Very unsatisfactory but she is over it now.

That would amount to asking a TD to interfere in something where there is no proper role for TDs.

That may be the case, depending on what the OP would ask of the TD. However I am only interested in getting that bus stop moved from outside OP's home, not in cleaning up politics which have always been local in this country.