Getting a 2nd access zapper from mgmt company

candyman

Hi all,
Recently bought a new apt. I also purchased one parking space with it and got a zapper for the gates. I need another zapper but the mgmt company refuse to supply one. Does anyone know anywhere I can get one copied or anyway to make the mgmt company sell me another one.

PS I dont need any sermon on the mount replies about illegal parking, this is just to have a spare.

If they refuse to supply it I'm not sure if you can successfully get a copy made-similar to certain keys.

I know our managing agent can disable the codes on ours, so presumably the code is only known to whoever makes them?

I'm aware it may not be easy to do but surely its a common enough problem with sooo many apts cropping up these days....

PS I dont need any sermon on the mount replies about illegal parking, this is just to have a spare.
Tell them you lost it, or it's broken - ours did break and they sent out a replacement without requiring the broken carcass, so I don't see what the issue would be.

Good point Glenbhoy-but they will more than likely disable the old zapper (this is what they did when someone in our development had their original zapper stolen)

candyman-it may be a common problem, but that doesn't mean there is a solution! I don't know of any locksmiths that are willing/able to cut copies of 'security' keys, i.e. those for the front doors of apartment blocks.

Seems ridiculous to me. What if you shared apartment with partner? Both have cars and share one space?

liteweight said:
Seems ridiculous to me. What if you shared apartment with partner? Both have cars and share one space?

Irrelevant-if the apartment was sold with one space and one space only, you knew what you were getting.......

Glenbhoy said:
Tell them you lost it, or it's broken - ours did break and they sent out a replacement without requiring the broken carcass, so I don't see what the issue would be.

I kinda agree but as its only a new apt, the mgmt co. seem to be all over the security issue of the fobs, zappers etc. In some of the more lived in complexes I have seen the mgmt co. not bother disabling the old one and just send out a new one. Either way its probably worth the punt at this angle all the same....

CCOVICH said:
candyman-it may be a common problem, but that doesn't mean there is a solution! I don't know of any locksmiths that are willing/able to cut copies of 'security' keys, i.e. those for the front doors of apartment blocks.

agreed. me neither! :eek:

Back