Home getcover.ie/LLoyds

JohnJay

Has anyone used getcover.ie for home insuranace? I used them before for contents insurance for an apartment, but never had to make a claim. I'm now pricing around for full house insurance for a house that I am buying. Their quote is about 60% of the price of any other quotes I am getting. I'm wondering if anyone has any reason not to use them?

I'm quoting for 150k rebuild, 15k contents, accidental damage, €250 excess. Ive downloaded a copy of their policy and it doesnt look any different from any other companies cover...

I switched our home insurance to getcover after finding them to be the most competitive by a long way. We were with 123 but got fed up with the annual double digit increase. The only strange thing about getcover is they don't send out any policy documentation. It all seems to be done online.

I also use getcover. I've had no claims yet, but price wise, they are way cheaper than the rest. If you ask them, they will email you documentation.

Ive actually got a cheaper quote from FBD. I think its a special first-year discount, but I'll probably run with it anyway.

I was with getcover.ie and had an all risks claim and it was settled with no problem.